It seems like my life has been full of excuses for not quilting recently. Some of the egg-cuses are egg-cellent – such as the Easter Egg Hunt with two of my grandchildren yesterday:
I also have a new toy that has distracted me from quilt projects – a new iPad! Anybody know of any great quilting apps?
- Just Takes 2 Mariners Compass block — first I thought I needed a special size needle to do the hand sewing but it was so tiny I couldn’t thread the dang thing! Now, I need special white silk thread to do the applique. This is not a compass block, this a “stumbling block“!!!
- Maggie’s big girl bed quilt – waiting for the gingham for an inside border.
- Civil War quilt – trying to decide on the rest of the border. I may want to do piping on one of the borders but the fabric I bought for the piping looks great all by itself. Decisions, decisions!
- Baby Quilt – have the fabric but haven’t decided on the pattern. But I’d better get crackin’, the baby is due in July.
- Any many more … or is that Minnie Moore 😉
I have accomplished one thing this week. My blog last week To Redo or Not to Redo asked for advice on whether I should redo some Just Takes 2 blocks that had some applique I wasn’t happy with. After reading all the wonderful comments, I decided I could live with the applique on block 1 but the hearts on block 6 would drive me crazy. So I made that block again:
Have a great week, y’all!