Hi! Welcome to Cookie’s Creek!
Why Cookie? Shortly after I met my husband (oh, not that long ago) we were in his truck on one of our first dates. His daughter, Joy, called on his cell and he very conversationally said “Oh, Cookie and I are headed out for dinner.” Well, the name stuck! Even my grandchildren call me Cookie. It is fun, cute, I like to bake (and eat) cookies and it gets a smile when added to restaurant waiting lists.
Why the Creek? When we got married, we bought a house with a beautiful creek and woods out in the country west of Fort Worth, Texas. I’m a city girl! This is the first time I’ve lived someplace where they don’t have curbs! And I love it! I love the house, I love the woods and I love the creek. We have two dogs, bunches of trees, snakes, a garden, wild turkeys, rabbits, road runners, deer and scary howling coyotes.
Thanks to Joy for making the Cookie Creek sign as a gift during our first Christmas in our new home. It gave us a great name for the Creek and now for the Blog!
Why the Blog? I retired at the end of July – yahoo! and I am looking forward to the endless possibilities ahead of me. And those possibilities are exactly what I want to share that with you.
- Quilting – I love to quilt. I am a novice but I hope to find more time to grow and discover new techniques, beautiful fabrics and interesting patterns.
- Cooking – heck, my nickname is Cookie – there must be cooking!
- Travel – Where do you want to go? I love planning a trip almost as much as I love the adventure itself.
- Dogs – Rascal is a Jack Russell Terrier and Molly is a part whippet, part sweet heart. They are the best dogs!
- Grandchildren – like most Grandma’s I just can’t brag enough about the most awesome, precious, sweet Grandchildren ever.
- Gardening – David is the gardener, but I will pass on his bountiful discoveries.
- Life in the country – West Texas style.
- Loving my wonderful husband – the continuing love story 😉
- And other bizarre random topics (not that any of the previous items are random or bizarre – well, DH maybe sometimes